Cindy Eisenhower, Long-Term Care Consultant for ACSIA Partners, explores the issues of long-term care.
Long-Term Care Statistics
We have shared with you that 7 out of 10 Americans over the age of 65 will need long-term care services during their lifetime. 1
So, let’s look again at your neighbors.
- 5 homes, including yours, each occupied by a couple.
- At least 4 of those homes may be affected by long-term care.
Many may be affected twice.
- Will you need long-term care?
- Will someone in your family?
The chances are quite high.
But … that’s only the start.
- How often will you need long-term care?
- How long will you need long-term care?
- Where will you receive care?
- How much will your care cost, as well as your family members?
It’s a good time to start long-term care planning for yourself and your family now.
1 Federal Government Statistic at www.longtermcare.gov